Friday, March 20, 2009

Smoking Smarties!?

So for my first official blog, I thought I would talk a little about a subject that has just been brought to my attention; smoking Smarties. Now most of you out there will be thinking to yourself "what exactly is smoking Smarties?" Which is not only a normal response, but a response that is completely expected.
As I was browsing through the Fox news headlines, I came across this little gem.
"Not Smart(ies): Doctors Warn of Dangers in Kids 'Smoking' Sugary Candies" located HERE:
WTF?? Kids smoking Smarties candy! I was completely intrigued. In the article, the reporter mentions a You Tube video and even provides a link, which I clicked on quickly. That video is located HERE.
After watching a few of these videos, I have come to the conclusion that most kids are just plain dumb and it scares me that these kids will be running our country when I am an old(er) man. Yes people, this kid who just taught me how to smoke Smarties candy could one day be president; though somehow I seriously doubt he will live that long if he continues to smoke Smarties.
So now I have to ask the question What is going on in society?? We have an Octo mom, who is a family factory, squirting out kids at a blinding rate. Then we have a man who kept his daughter locked in the basement for years, repeatedly raping her and fathering her children, and now we have kids "smoking" Smarties candy? Why? What does this accomplish? Do the kids think it is cool looking? maybe they want to look like their white trash parents, but since they can't light up a cigarette yet, they puff on candy dust?
I guess what it all boils down to is a mix of boredom and, as the term goes, kids being kids.

1 comment: